Why We’re Here
MWES and MWE endeaver to see the Body of Christ be all that she can, achieve all that she can and be blessed all that she can; all for the glory of God. From the pulpit to the pew, MWES and MWE serve to see God’s people executing their respective responsibilities with such effectiveness that the congregations in which they serve enjoy Sustained Spiritual, Numerical and Financial Growth.
Our Mission is to Advance Excellence in the life of the believer and in every area of the work of the church. Psalm 8 identifies God as being excellent in all of His ways. As such, it is incumbent upon the people of God to strive for the same excellence in all areas of Christian service. With this idea in mind, MWES and MWE seek to help senior pastors, associate ministers, church leaders and church members exceed the average and ordinary and perform at their maximum level of effectiveness. In all areas of Christian service, the ultimate objective is to bring glory and honor to God.
Our Vision is to See God’s Church function according to the descriptions and instructions found in Scripture. Ephesians 4:11-16 can be described as the Lord’s Blueprint for His Church. In it are found the following elements:
Verse 11: The ministerial gifts of the church.
Verse 12: The purposes of the ministerial gifts.
Verses 13-16: The evidences of a church fulfilling her purposes.
What We Believe
- There is one true and living God who is eternal in existence, infinite in power, endless in knowledge, and unceasing in love.
- Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Jesus lived a sinless life, performed many miracles and died on a cross for the sins of the world. He was buried, resurrected from the dead and ascended to the right hand of God. Jesus presently stands as our High Priest and will return one day to serve as King of kings and Lord of lords.
- The Holy Spirit places believers into the Body of Christ and permanently indwells each. His indwelling provides comfort, guidance, power and security.
- The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one in Substance, Majesty and Glory.
- The Bible, from Genesis to Revelation, is the inspired Word of God. It is infallible, authoritative and inerrant as originally given. It is complete in its content and sufficient for all time.
- Because of the sin of Adam, all men are born with a depraved nature that causes them to be alienated from God. This condition of depravity does not mean that mankind is completely evil but that men are capable of any evil and are totally helpless to present themselves as righteous before God. Mankind’s only hope is to become born again through the atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Being born again means to experience the start of an entirely new life, new pattern of thought and new lifestyle. It is the result of one having entered into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This new life begins at the point of an individual repenting of his sins, acknowledging Jesus Christ as Savior, believing in his heart that Jesus has arisen from the dead and confessing Jesus as Lord. This new relationship begins by the grace of God and is sustained for all eternity by the grace of God.
- The Church, the Body of Christ, is comprised of persons, both Jew and Gentile, who have been redeemed by His blood and born again by the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church and the Senior Pastor is the earthly overseer.
- There will be a resurrection of the righteous and of the unrighteous. For the former, a resurrection into eternal joy and for the latter, a resurrection into eternal contempt.
- There will be a pre-tribulation appearance of Jesus Christ to “Rapture” the Church unto Himself and a post-tribulation return to the earth to reign over His Millennial Kingdom. All saints of all time shall have part in His theocratic government.
- The call of the local church is to join together for worship, prayer and instruction from the Word of God. They are to administer the ordinances of Water Baptism and the Lord’s Supper and see to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.